Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books on the Shelves
Did you find a book in the catalog and now you want to find it on the shelves in the Library? Not sure where to look? Circulating books are on the 4th floor of the Library unless they are
- a Reference Book (these are in-house use only)
- at the Circulation Desk (on Reserve for a class or waiting to be reshelved)
- on the New Book display.
All three of those options are on the Main Floor.
Not sure how to find a book on the shelves? Please ask a Librarian!
Dr. Kingsbury recommends the following books (all available at the SMSU Library):
- Phonetic Readings of Songs and Arias by Berton Coffin, Ralph Errolle, Werner Singer, and Pierre Delattre (1964)
MT883 .P5 1982
- Word-by-Word Translations of Songs and Arias: Part I- German and French by Berton Coffin, Werner Singer, and Pierre Delattre (1966)
- The Diagnosis and Correction of Vocal Faults by James C. McKinney (1994)
MT820 .M44 1994
- The Ring of Words by Philip L. Miller (1963)
ML54.6 .M5 R5 1974
- The Structure of Singing by Richard Miller (1986)
MT825 .M646 1986
- Diction by John Moriarty (1975)
- Stories of the Great Operas by Ernest Newman (1930)
- Word-by-Word Translations of Songs and Arias: Part II- Italian by Arthur Schoep and Daniel Harris (1972)
The following titles are examples of electronic books you can access about music. These will also come up in your OneSearch catalog results. Have questions about how to use an eBook? Here's more information about eBooks