The FASTEST way to obtain a book, film, or CD via SMSU Interlibrary Loan:
Use the library catalog and Get It!
1. Search the SMSU Library Catalog.
2. If you don't find your book, use the checkbox on the left side of the screen to "Add results from other libraries."
3. Click the title of the item you want. You should see a pop-up that gives you the option to "Request from another library." Click that
link and log in using your StarID information.
4. Once you've logged in, click "Request."
5. A filled-in form will pop up. Click "Send Request."
6. A pop-up screen with a copyright agreement will appear. Click "I Agree," and your request is sent!
You will receive an automated email notification letter stating that the item you requested is ready for you to pick up at the SMSU Library Circulation Desk.*
*If your Library record indicates that you are a "document delivery" patron, the book or other item will be sent to you via U.S. postal mail.
If you don't find your book in the Library Catalog, try searching
MnPALS: a catalog of Minnesota State libraries (use your StarID and password to request items)
MnLink: a statewide library catalog (use your SMSU library barcode-- on the back of your Mustang Card--and your last name as your password to request items; contact the library if you do not know your SMSU library barcode)
WorldCat: a worldwide library catalog (for help in requesting a book you found on WorldCat, please contact Interlibrary Loan staff)
Office hours: weekdays 8:30am-4:00pm
SMSU McFarland Library-Interlibrary Loan
Southwest Minnesota State University
1501 State St.
Marshall, MN 56258