Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SMSU ILL Office
SMSU Interlibrary Loan
Third floor of the Library
Lending libraries determine loan periods.
- most libraries lend books for 3-4 weeks
- films, CDs, and other media are usually lent for a shorter period of time
You'll see the due date on the label attached to the material you borrow, or you can check your account.
How to Renew
Requests for renewals should be initiated 3-5 days prior to the due date.
- Click on My Account and enter your StarID and password.
- Look for the "Renew" button next to the item you'd like to renew. Click on "Renew."
- If you have any problems with this process, please contact ILL Staff.
- Check back to find if your renewal was granted or denied by the lending library. If granted, you will see the new due date. If denied, please return the item promptly.
Office hours: weekdays 8:30am-4:00pm
SMSU McFarland Library-Interlibrary Loan
Southwest Minnesota State University
1501 State St.
Marshall, MN 56258