Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What can a librarian do?
An SMSU Librarian can (and will!) help you with:
- narrowing down or expanding a research topic
- getting started with your search for sources
- finding specific sources
- determining whether or not a source is credible
- placing requests for books and articles not available online
- getting your barcode
- helping navigate journal article databases
- and pretty much anything else you can think of!
Having trouble finding what you need ?
Contact a Reference Librarian for individual assistance. Really, we'd love to help you...
Need somewhere to start?
Here are the databases we librarians use when we're not sure which database might work best for someone's topic. One of these might work for you, too!
MegaFile MegaFILE is comprised of EBSCO’s Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier and Regional Business News databases.
Can't decide on a topic?
Students of all levels frequently come to us at the Research Help Desk wanting help in deciding their topic. We can't pick for you, but these are some databases and websites that are especially good for inspiring research ideas: