The FASTEST way to obtain an article via Interlibrary Loan:
Use an individual database and Get Full Text...
1. Use an individual database to search for articles through a Research Guide or the A-Z List of Databases.
2. When you find a citation for an article you want, look for a link to html or PDF full text. If you don't see either of those, click Get Full Text. A pop-up window should then appear. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled on your browser.
3. If you can access the article electronically, you will see a link that says "Go to Article."
4. If there is no electronic access and SMSU doesn't own the journal, follow the link that says "Request a copy via Interlibrary Loan" to log in to SMSU Interlibrary Loan. Use your StarID and password.
6. A completed form for the article you are requesting will appear. Click "Submit."
If an article is available electronically, you will be notified via your SMSU email. The subject line will read "Your Interlibrary Loan Material." This email will include a link to the website the article is posted to, along with login information necessary to retrieve the article. You will be able to view the article 5 times or for 7 days after the email notification, whichever comes first.
Otherwise, you will receive an automated email arrival notification letter stating that the item you requested is ready for you to pick up at the SMSU Library Circulation Desk.*
*If your Library record indicates that you are a "document delivery" patron, the article will be sent to you via U.S. postal mail.
Office hours: weekdays 8:30am-4:00pm
SMSU McFarland Library-Interlibrary Loan
Southwest Minnesota State University
1501 State St.
Marshall, MN 56258