Your Crime Report Assignment has three parts:
1) Article. Find a crime in the newspaper, reported on in the last 6 months. Everyone needs their own article--if someone presenting ahead of you chooses your article, you have to find another article to present on! Print the article. Don't cut it out of the Library's newspapers, or I'll be cranky and hunt you down.
2) Statute. Locate the statute(s) that were mentioned in the article.
3) Critique. Write a critique of the article you found--what other information would have been useful to know?
From the award-winning FindLaw site, this section contains information on the major types of crimes, including homicide, drug charges and sex crimes.
* Take note of the terminology used. Take a minute to read the description, if provided.
* You are not limited to using this site or the crimes listed; it's just a suggested starting point if you're stuck!