Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Center for Online Learning and Teaching (COLT) is a new University initiative focused on supporting faculty in three areas. These three areas are:
- Utilization of technology tools;
- Instructional design;
- Program development.
It is envisioned that support for these three areas will mature over time as available resources evolve.
During the 2019-2020 academic year, the Center will be ramping up to provide support in each of the three areas above utilizing existing University personnel resources. These resources include these current offices:
- Speech/Media Center
- Technology Resource Center
- Office of Extended Learning & Academic Outreach
- Faculty Experts
A list of potential topics for which support can be provided is below. It is anticipated that additional topics will be added to the list:
- Utilization of online education technology tools:
- Kaltura Media Space
- D2L Brightspace
- Classroom technology (e.g., Airtames, Smartboards) and use in hybrid classrooms
- Media creation
- Contracts & purchasing
- Accessibility/ Captioning
- Office365 applications (e.g., Team, OneNote)
- Virtual Reality
- Instructional design
- Active Learning
- Best practices with course design
- Use of OER in courses
- Administrative Support for Program Development
- Market analysis
- Partnership development
- Articulation agreements
- Transfer course(s) acceptance
- General Consultation - Do you have many questions on how to get started with online courses? Just choose this option on the form and list some of your questions.